Shavuot NW 2015 will be celebrated at the historic Stein-Boozier Barn, located at 8300 SW Memorial Drive in Wilsonville, Oregon. The barn is in the Murase Plaza, which is the upper portion of Wilsonville’s large Memorial Park.
Wilsonville is small town located south of the Portland, Oregon metro area, midway between Portland (Oregon’s largest city) and Salem (the state capitol) where I-5 crosses the Willamette River.
A history of Wilsonville (did you know Wilsonville has a connection to Daniel Boone and was once known as “Boones Landing”?)
KUAO — Aurora State Airport, is the closest small public airport. Arrangements can be made through Aurora Aviation or the Aurora Jet Center for a rental car to be waiting for you when you arrive at the Aurora Airport.
PDX — Portland International Airport is the nearest large commercial airport with flights connecting to just about anywhere an airline will take you with a large selection of rental car companies, shuttles, and mass transit available. It’s about 40 minutes taking I-205 South to Wilsonville (misses downtown Portland). Wilsonville connects to the Tri-Met system through the WES train (only runs during commuter hours) and it’s own SMART buses.
Around Portland and Oregon
Things to see and do if you arrive early and/or stay longer…
- Portland Rose Festival (runs 5/22 through 6/7/15). Portland is known as “The City of Roses”. It’s also known as “Bridgetown” for its many unique bridges, so be sure to check those out if you go to the Rose Festival Fun Center or to see the ships at the Waterfront Park.
- Mt. Hood — especially Timberline Lodge and Government Camp, where you can eat homemade huckleberry pie or a huckleberry milkshake at the Huckleberry Inn Restaurant.
- Columbia River Gorge, with its waterfalls (including Multnomah Falls), windsurfers, and Vista House at Crown Point. Enjoy a drive along the Historic Columbia river (Scenic) Highway with its many waterfalls that you cannot see or access from the highway.
- Oregon Coast
- End of the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center (Oregon City)
- Washington Park International Rose Test Garden — This time of year the Rose Garden will be in its full bloom! Washington Park’s other attractions are worth visiting while you’re there also, including the Japanese Gardens and the Portland Children’s Museum.